Even though summer is a few weeks away, June marks the season’s unofficial start. With temperatures heightening, many businesses have the opportunity to utilize their outdoor spaces, which offer expanded dining options with an added ambient setting. Although deck and patio areas are great when the sun is shining, after it sets, additional lighting is needed to allow guests to enjoy their outside experience. This is why deck lighting is a summertime essential, both functionally and aesthetically. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of patio and deck lighting.
The benefits of investing in patio and deck lighting
Aside from a beautiful illumination display, there are many benefits to investing in good quality patio and deck lighting, including:
- Safety: Entering or moving around a dark area without lighting increases your risk of injury, especially if there are railings or stairs nearby. However, the addition of deck lighting allows for people to better see their surroundings.
- Security: Crime tends to take place under cover of darkness, so why not install some vibrant deck lighting as a deterrent to prevent burglars and vandals from eyeing up your business?
- Makes the area aesthetically pleasing: Adding deck lighting to an outdoor area enhances the ambiance of the outside setting while creating a mood that sparks festivity. In addition, it adds curb appeal to your business.
- Entertains customers: Outdoor patio and deck spaces are the perfect entertainment areas throughout the warmer months of the year. Adding light to these spaces enhances the mood and energy of your customers by making the area more inviting with added dimensions for gathering.
- Day-round comfort: Never underestimate the freedom to enjoy your outdoor space no matter the time of day.
What type of deck lighting should you install?
Here at Best Pro Lighting, we offer a variety of patio and deck lighting solutions that can be installed on an existing structure without the need to hire a licensed electrician. Our one-of-a-kind step-deck lights are circular in shape and come in three popular colors—brass, rust, and black. These fixtures are easily mounted to stairs, railings, or siding to create a variety of illuminative designs. Also, if you want further energy efficiency, all options are available as LED lights as well. In addition, patio and deck areas can also benefit from directional lights and well lights. Just take your pick!
Adding patio and deck lighting to your existing design
If your business has a patio or deck, it’s time to get shopping to start taking advantage of the many benefits that these types of lights offer. However, if you’re budgeting for a new patio or deck space or simply reviving one that needs some loving, be sure to include the cost of lighting in your total. After all, the finished product can’t be fully enjoyed with revamped illumination.
Are you convinced as a business owner? Will deck lighting improve your customer experience? Please drop a comment below to let us know.