Not long ago, there was very limited choice when it came to light bulbs. You would choose a wattage based on how bright you needed the light to be and there wasn’t much else to decide on. After some time, traditional incandescent bulbs became a phase as people started to seek more energy-efficient light sources. LEDs in particular are a far more energy conscious and green system of lighting, and since 25% of the average energy budget goes towards lighting, they are well worth your investment. Here are the main benefits of choosing LED lighting.
- LED bulbs use up to 80% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs
- They produce less heat, and because of their design, remain cool to touch
- They don’t contain toxic mercury or filament. They also reduce CO2 emissions
- They are far more durable than other kinds of bulbs because solid state LED technology is vibration and impact resistant
- They have excellent cold weather performance. They perform well at a low temperature, minimizing fire risks greatly
- They direct light efficiently. LED bulbs produce highly directional light, sending all the light exactly where it’s needed. More control over beam direction means less wasted light
- They are more efficient and longer lasting forms of technology — they actually last up to 50,000 hours (that’s the equivalent of leaving a light on permanently for three years!)